Well, yeeehaaww! The boys are drinking up in Alamo City this week as they visit San Antonio, Texas. Things get a little bit country as Zane Lamprey and Wyatt Burp, travel the city’s hot spots and saloons. Aside from great beer and awesome cocktails, there is also a heated competition brewing between Zane and Steve where they will each attempt to tame a raging bull for our Bull Riding 6-Pack Challenge! Ok, the bull is fake, but it is for the bulls protection, we don’t allow Steve near live animals.
WHERE WE WENT
- Ranger Creek Brewing and Distilling: Ranger Creek like to call themselves a “brewstillery” since not only do they distill great bourbon, but they also brew the beer required to make it. But it is not just bourbon beer they brew, Ranger Creek has a top-notch line of craft beers to accompany their Texas Bourbon. Ranger Creek claims to give every batch of beer and bourbon tons of love, attention and Texas attitude. 4834 Whirlwind Dr. San Antonio, TX 78217 – Facebook – Twitter -
- Tower of the Americas: The 750 foot Tower of America is easily the tallest building in San Antonio. The tower features a breathtaking panoramic view of the Alamo City. They also have a rotating restaurant and their own 4D Theater Ride. The rotating Chart House restaurant serves up some spectacular drinks and an award-winning food menu. 601 Tower of the Americas Way San Antonio, Texas 78205. P: 210.223.3101 – Facebook -
- The Menger: Located near the historic Alamo, The Menger Hotel brings with it over 150 years of San Antonio history. Built in 1859 as a luxury hotel with an exquisite 3 story Victorian lobby, The Mengar brought a new ere of sophistication to San Antonio. Today it maintains that sense of history and transports you back to frontier times. The Mengar has created a masterpiece of traditional elegance and modern comforts. 204 Alamo Plaza San Antonio, TX 78205. P: 1-800-345-9285 - Facebook -
- Cowboys Dance Hall (Six Pack Challenge): this traditional country bar is where we shot our Bull Riding 6-Pack Challenge. It has all those great country bar commodities including live music, lots of drinks, and of course their raging mechanical bull along with plenty of bull riding competitions. 3030 NE Loop 410 @ I-35, San Antonio, TX 78218 – P: (210) 646-9378 – Facebook – Twitter -
- Hi-Tones: This unique little bar is known for dishing out some incredible shots, many of which have secret recipes that they wouldn’t even share with us. 621 E. Dewey, San Antonio, Texas -P: (210) 573-6220 - Facebook -
- Hotel Havana - Ocho Lounge: Located on the San Antonio Riverwalk, the Ocho lounge offers up inventive food and refreshing cocktails rooted in pan-Latin cultural influence all designed by Executive Chef Larry McGuire. Their cocktails bring with them a Cuban influence as they re-invent old school cocktails with a focus on using tequila and Cuban rum. 1015 Navarro Street San Antonio, Texas 78205 -P: (210) 222.2008 – Facebook – Twitter -
- The Esquire Tavern: Featuring the longest wooden bar top counter in Texas, The Esquire Tavern offers up an authentic San Antonio bar experience with that old-fashion feel. The tavern was opened in 1933 to celebrate the end of prohibition and now offers a cool, dark, and culture rich experience on the San Antonio Riverwalk. 155 East Commerce Street San Antonio, TX 78205 – P: 210-222-2521 – Facebook – Twitter -
WHAT WE DRANK
La Bomba Roja Recipe
Chamoy Shot Recipe
Santiago Painkiller Recipe
Burro Punch Recipe
The boys saddle up to participate in one of the greatest bar competitions perfectly designed for drunk cowboys, The mechanical bull ride. Each contestant will see how long they can stay on a bucking bull.
Gear from the Show
Like what Zane and Steve are wearing? Want to get some of the Pleepleus gear from the show? Check out the Pleepleus Store to get that awesome gear.
- Ranger Creek started production on November 29th, 2010.
- At 25,000,000 people, Texas has five times the population of Scotland.
- Prior to 1964, Bourbon whiskey had to be produced in the state of Kentucky.
- Cotton Candy is made entirely from sugar, and a small amount of coloring.
- Dry ice is a solid carbon dioxide, When it melts, it becomes a vapor as opposed to a liquid.
- The Menger Hotel Opened its doors in 1859.
- The Rough Riders were recruited in 1989 for the Spanish-American War.
- Upon arriving in Cuba, Roosevelt and his troops actually fought on foot because their horses were left in Florida.
- The average rodeo bull weighs around a ton, which is the same as a 1967 VW beetle.
- Originally designed for training, mechanical bulls gained public popularity with the release of the 1980 movie, “Urban Cowboy”.
- Big Red’s original name was Sun Tang Red Cream.
- Lucas is a popular Mexican candy.
- Pickle Juice has been recommended to athletes to re-hydrate after their workouts.
- The painkiller was originally invented at the Soggy Dollar Bar in the British virgin islands.
- Prohibition lasted for 13 years from 1920 to 1933.
- The burro punch is similar to the “Donkey Punch” that we made in Miami with bartender, John Lermayer.
- The 100 foot bar at The Esquire Tavern is the longest wooden bar top in Texas.
- Drinking straws date back to the ancient Sumerians, who used them to drink beer.
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I PLEASE HAVE SOME MORE?
Want to learn more about San Antonio? Check out this site.