Charlotte is the biggest city in North Carolina and is growing rapidly. With a great mixture of bars, lounges, and nightclubs, Charlotte offers plenty of options for entertainment and drinking. Many of these great bars can be found in Charlotte’s uptown district, which acts as the center of the city’s activity. In this episode, Zane and Steve will get to try some great breakfast and specialty drinks, relax and smoke some hookah, and face off in a death defying race down treacherous white water rapids. Ok, maybe not “treacherous” or “death defying” but rapids nonetheless!
Oh and Pleepleus gets into a fight with a giant crab.
WHERE WE WENT
- Loft 1523: This trendy martini bar offers up a number of signature cocktails in a classy chic environment located in Uptown Charlotte. 1523 Elizabeth Avenue Charlotte, NC 28204-2534 (704) 333-5898
- VBGB: VBGB was the first beer garden in Charlotte and currently offers the city’s largest patio with over 32 different draft beers. To ensure they serve the best beer, drafts are kept at a stable 32 degrees and are served on a 5 foot ice rail on the bar itself. You can also taste VBGB’s legendary Beer Cheese made with beer! 920 Hamilton St, Charlotte, NC 28206 (704) 333-4111
- Dixie Tavern: This fun and worry-free bar has a number of great drinks, playful atmosphere, and plenty of bar games for a good time. 301 E 7th St # 100 Charlotte, NC 28202-2538 (704) 374-1700
- Prohibition: Prohibition is a great combination of a speak-easy prohibition style with a modern twist. They offer a great vibe and some truly original drinks. 200 N Tryon St Charlotte, NC (704) 358-4244
- Crave: Featuring a cosmopolitan design complimented by the rustic nature of its cosmopolitan loft setting, Crave represents a new breed of Charlotte evening entertainment. In addition to great drinks, Crave also offers a relaxing lounge type atmosphere with dessert delicacies and herbal hookah pipes. 500 West 5th Street, Charlotte, NC 28202 (704) 335-0588
- Philosopher’s Stone: This fun-loving tavern has 2 main bar areas – one in the front and one in the back, as well as 2 outdoor patios. They also feature foosball, pool, ping pong, cornhole, and 2 jukeboxes with thousands of great tunes to download and choose from. Not to mention the great live music events. 1958 E 7th St. Charlotte, NC 28204 (704)350-1331
WHAT WE DRANK
Wakin’ Bacon Recipe
Queen City Hurricane Recipe
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Recipe
American Pie Recipe
- A Standard bar pour is between 1.25 and 1.5 ounces, but can be changed according to each location.
- There are approximately 75 calories in one slice of fried green tomatoes.
- Cherries were introduced to Britain by the Romans in the first century A.D.
- The largest traditional beer garden in the world is the Hirchgarten in Munich, which seats 8,000.
- The largest pretzel ever made weighed 842 pounds.
- There are 3 theories about the origin of the word “dixie”; 2 refer to men, and 1 to currency
- Prohibition in the US began in 1920 and ended in 1933
- Strawberries are not considered a true berry, as their seeds are not contained within the fruit.
- In the early 19th century, fruit pie was commonly eaten as a breakfast fruit
- Historically, fondue was created out of necessity, to restore flavor to stale bread and cheese.
- A hookah is also called a waterpipe or narghile, and is defined as an instrument for smoking in which the smoke is cooled by water
- Cheerwine was popular for its wild cherry flavor and especially ‘bubbly’ character
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I PLEASE HAVE SOME MORE?
Want to learn more about Charlotte? Check out this site.