Aspen is an illustrious ski resort located within the Rocky Mountains of Colorado and is often visited for its simple luxury, beautiful scenery, and great slopes. Aspen is known as a prominent winter vacation spot for many celebrities and high-society, and now it is getting a visit from Zane Lamprey and Mr. Dumbbeard, Steve McKenna. We hope Aspen is ready, because Drinking Made Easy is coming to hit the slopes, hit the bars, and see what Aspen has too offer! Air Date: April 4th, 2012.
WHERE WE WENT
- Ajax Tavern: Located at the base of Aspen Mountain, the sun-drenched, mountainside patio is the idyllic place for lunch, apres ski and dinner. This ski-bar serves up some great drinks to warm you up after a long day of hitting the slopes and also offers a great dinning experience. 685 East Durant Avenue Aspen, CO 81611 (970) 920-6334
- J-Bar at Hotel Jerome: Aspen’s favorite watering hole for well over a century, the J-Bar—with its authentic saloon ambiance and lively yet casual atmosphere—offers a wide selection of draft and bottled beer, vintage-inspired cocktails and light dining fare. J-Bar was also the favorite bar of writer Hunter S. Thompson. Hotel Jerome, 330 East Main Street Aspen, CO 81611 Tel 800 331 7213
- Su Casa: This Mexican restaurant and bar serves some tasty Mexican classics with a tasty signature margarita along with other great cocktails. Enjoy an indoor pub crawl with the 3 other bars connected to Su Casa. 315 East Hyman Aspen Colorado 1 (970) 920-1488
- Eric’s Bar: Also apart of the indoor pub crawl. Eric’s Bar offers up a great environment for some classy drinking. With a modern decor and stylish clientele, Eric’s Bar gives a great drinking experience for the fine selection of single-malt Scotches and small batch bourbons. 315 East Hyman Aspen Colorado 1 (970) 920-1488
- Aspen Billiards: This old fashion billiards hall offers 8 immaculate billiards tables with a classic billiards vibe that accentuates the prestige of the game. 315 East Hyman Aspen Colorado 1 (970) 920-1488
- The Cigar Bar: Aspen’s only public smoking lounge, The Cigar Bar, makes the perfect place to sit back and relax with a nice stogie and a good drink. This lounge is really made for lounging with modern furniture and sectioned areas where you can hold a nice conversation and enjoy yourself. 315 East Hyman Aspen Colorado 1 (970) 920-1488
- Aspen Brewing Company: This native brewing company was started by two college roomates who gained a passion for Colorado’s craft beer. They began their hands-on education through frequent trips to other local breweries before eventually opening their own in 2007. They now have 6-7 regular brews that they produce along with different limited-edition batches. #B, 304 East Hopkins Avenue Aspen, CO 81611 (970) 920-2739
- Jimmy’s: Recently named one of the top 50 bars in the US, Jimmy’s offers great food, a nice environmental, and exceptional drinks. They also have salsa dancing with spicy Latin music to compliment their list of 100 different Mezcals and Tequilas. 205 S Mill St # 2 Aspen, CO 81611 (970) 925-6020
WHAT WE DRANK
Ajax Apple Recipe Recipe
Hot Drunken Pumpkin Recipe
Aspen Crud Recipe
The Faceplant Recipe
Su Signature Margarita Recipe
Dolce Caliente Recipe
What We Featured
- Apres ski is the party or activity you do after skiing.
- “Sous-vide” is a cooking method where vacuum sealed food is immersed into water to slow cook to a desired temperature.
- Skiing and snowboarding are dangerous enough. Don’t drink before you hit the slopes. Drink Apres Ski!
- Hunter S. Thompson was a regular at J-Bar where they hosted his memorial service after his death.
- Bourbon is the official spirit of the United States, by act of Congress.
- The espresso vodka is Van Gogh Vodka Distillery’s biggest seller, making up 50% of their total sales.
- Billards was the first sport to have a world championship.
- The first billiard room was built in England, in 1765 A.D.
- George Stranahan, owner of Stanahan’s Colorado Whiskey, also owns the Flying Dog Brewery in Maryland.
- The heat from a habanero pepper can stimulate your metabolism; burning 135 calories for every 6 grams ingested.
- Aspen’s first brewery was opened in 1885.
- George Stranahan’s Flying Dog Brew Pub opened in Aspen in 1990, moving to Denver 3 years later.
- Jimmys has been written up in more magazines than we can list; Food and Wine recently placed it among the top 50 American.
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I PLEASE HAVE SOME MORE?
Want to learn more about Aspen? Check out this site.