A visit to the airport bar is a common practice for many boozing travelers but the selection at such establishments is not always the greatest. Macro beers with a few imports and your average run of the mill cocktails. That being said, some airports are taking efforts to improve the drinking experience of their passengers by embracing the craft beer movement.
Here is a list of airports that have added craft beer bars and pubs to their locations, all of which are operated by HMSHost.
- Bell’s Brewery Bar (Brand New!) – Gerald R. Ford International
- Rogue Ales Pub – Portland International (Oregon)
- Goose Island Brewing – Chicago O’Hare International
- Cigar City Brewing – Tampa International*
- Good People Brewing - Birmingham International
- Gordon Biersch – Las Vegas International
- Kona Brewing – Honolulu International
Hopefully if this trend continues, a beer traveler can grab a refreshing taste of local beer without having to leave the airport. Know of any other airport craft beer bars we might of missed? Let us know in the comments below.
* Cigar City Brewing at Tampa International is the only place in the world where you can taste the Tony Jannus Pale Ale which is brewed on airport grounds.