One thing that film and drinking have in common is that they both help create memorable moments. We all have our favorite movie scenes and we all have our favorite drunk memories. Here at Drinking Made Easy we have combined the two and compiled a list of some our favorite drinking moments in movie history. Some scenes are iconic and some moronic, but the key is that these scenes all represent powerful drunk film moments that have stuck with us. This is Drinking Made Easy’s Top Ten Drinking Moments in Movies…
10. The Idle Class (1921)-Charlie Chaplan
Charlie Chaplan must make a choice between the love of his life and some woman.
9. The Legend of Bagger Vance: How Drunk is Drunk enough
A captivating performance and a simple but scientific philosophy about drinking.
8. Pirates of the Carribean: “Why is the Rum Gone?”
The scalawag Jack Sparrow at his lowest moment in the film where his priorities are made very clear.
7. Old School: We Going Streaking!
Frank the Tank takes us on a magic journey up through the quad to the gymnasium
6. James Bond: “Shaken, Not Stirred”
A classic for generations and proof that sometimes the drink fits the man.
5. Casablanca: “Of all the Gin joints in the world”
Melancholy at its most poignant, Humphrey Bogart pours his heart out in this oscar winning performance.
4. Cocktail: The Last Barman Poet
Fantasy fulfillment taken to the next level as the young bartender becomes a star.
3. Raiders of the Lost Arc: Drinking Competition
A great introduction to a classic character. Who says girls can’t hold their liquor?
2. The Shawshank Redemption: Beer Redemption
A moving scene of small victories and men being men even in the worst of situations.
1. Animal House: Bluto and Jack Daniel’s
Bluto shows us why he is one of the ultimate movie drunks.
We know it is hard to pick favorites but, who knows, maybe we will update the list with more great drinking moments. Let us know your favorites below!